COMPUTER GRAPHICS CERTIFICATEProgram Code: 2C10609A
The Computer Graphics Certificate Program provides the skills necessary to create digital drawings, paintings and illustrations, building a portfolio representative of the student’s artistic talents and technical proficiency. This certificate is designed to help students find employment in occupations that desire entry-level skills in computer-aided art and design. This certificate requires a total of 28-30 units of which 24 units are in required courses, and an additional 4-6 units must be chosen from the restricted electives listed below. A minimum grade of ‘C’ is required in each course taken.
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Demonstrate basic use of computer graphics software and hardware, and be able to demonstrate basic competence in selected image-making techniques.
Apply the terminology of computer graphics to communications within the field of digital media.
Create effective documents by effectively using the concepts of design, such as: color, style, typography and composition.
Create projects that demonstrate specialized knowledge of 2D computer animation and multi-media projects from initial design concept through project completion that clearly illustrates the student’s solutions.
- ART 123 F Business Practices in Art 3
- ART 145 F Publication Design 3
- ART 146 F Advertising Design 3
- ART 147 F Production Techniques for Graphic Designers 3
- ART 180 F Perspective Drawing and Rendering 3
- ART 299 F Art Independent Study 3
- DART 120 F 3D Modeling 3
- DART 150 F 3D Computer Animation 3
- DART 162 F Computer Animation 3
- DART 164 F Interactive Multimedia Design 3
- DART 180 F Digital Video 3
- FC Catalog PRNT 101F Introduction to Printing 3