ILLUSTRATION CERTIFICATEProgram Code: 2C18742
The Illustration Certificate Program consists of 33-34 units. There are a total of 24 required units and a total of 9-10 restricted elective units. This certificate is designed to emphasize concepts, strategies and skill development in order to facilitate the student’s portfolio presentation, which may be appropriate for a variety of careers in the Commercial Arts field, including editorial and advertising illustration, concept design and illustration for products, conceptual art for the game and entertainment industry, and illustration for the toy and theme park industries. A minimum grade of ‘C’ or better is required for each course taken.
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Demonstrate evidence of proficiency in a variety of creative areas, including: Sketching skills/rapid visualization, two-dimensional design and color, and draftsmanship of accurate human anatomy, digital illustration programs
Demonstrate an understanding of the expectations of the field of Illustration, relating to interaction with peers and project leaders in a creative situation or environment.
Solve assigned problems with a unique artistic interpretation.
- ART 090 F Advanced Topics in Art 3
- ART 120 F Basic Design (3 units) 3
- ART 123 F Business Practices in Art 3
- ART 139 F Fashion Sketching 3
- ART 144 F Fundamentals of Cartooning 3
- ART 156 F Animal Drawing 3
- ART 181 F Drawing from the Masters 3
- ART 183 F Representational Drawing 3
- ART 188 F Watercolor Painting 3
- ART 189 F Beginning Painting Lab 3
- ART 195 F Anatomical Drawing 3
- ART 298 F Arts Internship 3
- ART 299 F Art Independent Study 3